From January 29th to 31st the PERI Innovation business incubator was host to a hackathon—a marathon for creating internet services and apps. This event was the final stage of the course offered in the Programming the City series conducted by the business incubator in 2015. For this project programmers, designers and project managers created apps and services that would enhance life in the city of Makhachkala. The hackathon lasted three days, morning to night. Chiefs and founders of major Russian IT companies participated as expert moderators. Among them were Yuri Podorozhny, head of updating mobile geo-information services for Yandex and general director of Any Void; Konstantin Andryunin, former CTO for OORRAA and Wikimart. Musa Musayev, the mayor of Makhachkala, and Zapir Alkhasov, its Deputy Mayor, appeared as guests at this event along with Arsen Gadzhiev, Minister for Youth Affairs.
Winning projects at the hackathon were:
- Best business project—Farrmerry, a sales platform for farmers and consumers of ecologically friendly foods. Developed by participants from Vladikavkaz;
- Best social benefit project—ZHKHacker, an online account to track housing and utility payments, pay the fees, and find up-to-date information on your apartment and building;
- Best design—Evence, an aggregator of places and events of interest in Makhachkala;
- Best app—Beauty Guide, an app that provides fast and convenient access to beauty salons along with their price lists and location;
- Best web project—Architectural map of the city, an archive of approved architectural projects placed on an interactive map of the city of Makhachkala.